ABOUT OUR CLIENT
This US tax firm provides individual, partnership, corporate, trusts and estate tax compliance and advisory for anyone subjected to the US tax system globally.
With nearly 40 years of experience, they have offices across Europe (including London, Geneva, Zurich and Stockholm) and bring expertise from all the major accounting firms.
The experienced Senior US Corporate Tax Manager who enters this role will be an essential member of the Corporate Tax Group (CTG) and a member of the company's Senior Leadership Team. They, therefore, require strong US tax experience in PE funds, Foreign Partnerships and Corporations. There is a clear path of promotion to Associate Director from this role.
The Senior Tax Manager will assist the CTG with key tasks, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness whilst keeping processes, procedures and work paper documentation in line with standards and can provide guidance to the rest of the CTG on issues and questions as they arise.
● Manage and direct workflow, engagements and staff with respect to timing, training, deadlines, filing requirements, tasks, workpapers, returns and staffing for all Swiss CTG work plus individual corporate work and some trust work.
● Manage and mentor CTG staff, including training, technical issues, new IRS regs, staffing and workflow.
● Client relationship management of all Swiss CTG clients.
● Engagement management for all CTG clients (directly or indirectly) with respect to the work to be done (fees, fee quotes and fee structure, sending ELs, internal processes etc.) to ensure deadlines are met in all cases for all clients for all forms.
● Respond to staff/client questions on technical issues, filing requirements, tax implications for all corporate forms but especially 1065/K1, corporations 1120 & 1120F (foreign and domestic), 5471, 5472, 8865, 8858, 926, W8 forms and withholding rules.
● Sign off on all CH CTG returns (1065 and 1065/K1, 1120, 1120F, 5471, 8865, 8858 are primary)
● CTG tax trainings several times throughout the year/as needed.
● Significant technical knowledge AND compliance experience of US tax law as it applies to foreign PE funds, foreign partnerships and corporations. Experience should be current and extensive in the international compliance area to be most useful.
● Significant practical experience in the preparation, review and topside of all CTG client types (funds & partnerships 1065/K1s, corporations 1120 and 1120F (foreign and domestic), 5471s, 5472s, W8 requirements and withholding rules
● Ability to manage complex client engagements, complex tax issues, have knowledge and experience in reviewing/directing the kinds of work the CTG focuses on (see above list).
● Ability to manage and mentor staff, communicate effectively, provide direction to juniors about how to resolve tax questions/issues as well as workpaper preparation, return preparation in the locator etc.
● Ability to delegate effectively and develop staff (training, mentoring, constructive review points etc).
● Must be able to take responsibility for all aspects of an engagement but know when and how to delegate for efficiency.
● Must be able to topside (with appropriate technical knowledge) all CTG returns for CH and some for the UK.
● Ability to take the experience and knowledge into the sales market
Be a technical resource for the CTG.
● Have knowledge of PE funds and corporate structures to enable consulting on structuring questions as it arises.
● Develop and maintain the network, participate in conferences and marketing/networking activities
● Must have an active CPA, Enrolled Agent or J.D. certification.
● 9+ years of experience in taxation and public accounting or related field.
● Significant management experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior individual, looking to work in Switzerland for a reputable US tax firm.