Our client is the UK operation of a major international group. Due to internal restructuring and secondments they seek a VAT specialist who will be responsible for the UK VAT obligations and to provide general support to the UK Tax Manager in all areas of UK taxation
Outline and Responsibilities
• External and internal VAT compliance and reporting, including preparation of monthly and quarterly VAT returns
• Preparation of claims and VAT return to overseas tax authorities for recovery of overseas VAT.
• Being the first point of contact for all VAT queries and adding value to the business via solution-orientated, compliant and tax efficient advice provided across the UK group.
• Providing VAT advisory support for projects in the UK and Europe.
• Providing advice to other business functional areas such as Customs, Purchasing, and Logistics.
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in some corporate tax work and to be involved in tax planning work.
Our client will consider applicants from individuals with backgrounds from practice or industry or HMRC. Ideally you will have a relevant UK qualification (e.g. CTA, ACA or ATT or equivalent). Communication skills are key in this role as the position interfaces extensively with senior financial executives, external advisers, HMRC and non-tax specialists.
This is initially a 24 month contract. The business offers a good salary and an excellent benefits package.