About the Role
The Deputy IT Director, Head of Data Platform Services, is a senior leadership role reporting into the Director of Enterprise Platform Services, Maurice Mattholie, with the Chief Digital Information Officer Group (CDIO) The role has full ownership of data platform services across the HMRC estate providing development and 24/7 live support service. The Chief Digital and Information Officer group (CDIO) is HMRC’s IT function and has a complex combination of employees of two entities (both civil servants and a government company), contractors and third party suppliers. With 4,000 people, CDIO Group are a key part of HMRC. As one of the most digital organisations in the UK we are leading the biggest digital transformation in Europe. To support this, we are also transforming how we are structured to become increasingly customer centric. This significant organisational transition involves changes to our operating model to drive an increased focus on our customers and develop new capabilities. Our task is to continue to deliver high-quality services and technology as they drive this transformation, while providing an outstanding service to our internal and external customers and ensuring a great experience for everyone who interacts with HMRC.
● Leading the Data Platform Services (DPS) function and managing all the teams that design, build and run the data platform and its services
● Ensuring the successful transition to the new DPS Functional Design, building new capabilities and aligning to Technical Product PODs
● Take accountability for delivering HMRC’s Data & Analytics Technology Strategy, building on the success achieved so far by working with key stakeholders to secure necessary change funding.
● Influencing strategy to protect the security of customer data
● Strategic stakeholder management to forge productive working relationships within CDIO and with HMRC Business Customers
● Management of RUN (OPEX) budget in excess of £60million per annum; working closely with Finance Business Partners
● Support the expenditure of BUILD (CAPEX) budget in excess of £50million per annum; working closely the relevant Transformation Programmes
● The post holder will have direct line management responsibility for a team of leaders within Data Platform Services. The team will have wider responsibility for a growing multi-disciplinary team of around 250 direct FTEs, consisting of both civil servants and contractor/supplier resources.
● The post holder will have direct responsibility for managing a range of Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers supporting DPS activities, including Prime suppliers. The current size of the DPS function (including Prime supplier resources) is around 530 FTE
• An excellent leader and manager, with the ability to lead highly skilled technical IT teams, with a successful track record in driving cultural change
• Proven success through inspirational leadership with a clear track record of delivering outstanding performance.
• Highly articulate and credible at senior levels with the ability to communicate complex IT issues, digital concepts and strategy clearly to non-IT professionals
• Strong track record in building and developing teams - this will include initiating and delivering change, engendering a common culture, developing leadership and ...