A UK fashion brand is seeking a Group Tax Accountant for their finance function in East London. This is a standalone role where the successful candidate will be responsible for the group’s tax affairs in its entirety. This role will be reporting directly into the Group FC and working closely with the wider finance team.
- Preparation of UK corporate tax returns
- Review of VAT returns prepared by the wider finance team
- Monitoring VAT compliance
- Be a key point of contact for the business and HMRC with regards to tax queries.
- Assist with the Group’s ETR, cash taxes and statutory accounting.
- Month-end reporting and assisting the finance function during these periods.
- Ad-hoc project work.
The candidate will be a qualified accountant, probably straight from a Top 20 accountancy firm. This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to make their first move in-house. To be considered you must have expert knowledge of UK tax legislation under IFRS.