Unique EU tax policy role with a focus on Customs Duty and Trade policy.
Our client is a blue-chip multinational group with substantial operations (+€30 bil. T/O) across the EU region. Due to ongoing legislative change, a changing international trade landscape, as well as sustained demand from the business, they are seeking an experienced Tax lawyer with experience in Customs Duty, Trade Compliance and VAT.
In additional to supporting senior stakeholders internally, this role will have regular interaction with tax authorities, government ministries and and intergovernmental organisations. The role will ideally be based in Brussels, though the client is open to other European locations.
* Maintain a keen awareness of key customs and trade policy developments at the national, EU and global level.
* Work closely with policymakers and regulators on ongoing tax reform proposals.
* Co-ordinate efficient and effective communication both internally and externally on the key legislative issues.
* Lead external advocacy efforts, programmes, partnerships and initiatives across industry associations and wider coalitions.
* Work collaboratively with group tax and trade compliance leadership to ensure operational teams and best informed about up coming legislative changes.
* +10 years experience advising organisations on Customs Duty and Trade regulations.
* Prior public policy experience, particularly in the EU, is highly desirable.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion