Who We Are
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be a part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It’s this focus that influence the services we provide and decisions we make.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we’ve introduced Everyday Flexibility, encouraging you to balance work and life. ‘Dress for your Day’ lets you choose what you feel is appropriate to wear for each working day.
Who we are looking forWe are looking for an experienced consultant or manager to join the Tax Regions South team in London and specialise in stamp taxes. The role is based in Embankment Place. You will be called upon to play a key role in delivering quality stamp tax advice (stamp duty, stamp duty land tax, Scottish land and buildings transaction tax, Welsh land transaction tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings, stamp duty reserve tax etc).
As a stamp tax specialist you would also be part of the UK stamp taxes network, which has over 25 specialists spread out across the UK and advises on transactions in a range of areas, including; real estate, corporate reorganisations, banking and capital markets and asset management from private clients / private business to FTSE 100 and multinationals.
Some of the services provided by the stamp specialists in the Tax Regions South team include:
• Performing Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
• Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. optimal acquisition or disposal structures from stamp perspective.
• Deal Implementation, to assist with appropriate documentation of deals, in accordance with the proposed Tax Structuring.
• Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with stamp taxes aspects of pre and post-acquisition restructuring (e.g. adjudications, exemption claims, lodgments).
You will be expected to work under your own initiative to draw on your own and other PwC expertise to deliver the stamp tax aspects of transactions and help solve problems. A key aspect is liaising effectively with other advisers and playing a key role in managing and developing relationships with clients and junior members of the team.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team as well as opportunities to develop new offerings and ways of delivering stamp tax advice for our clients.
Your day to day duties will include:
• Managing stamp tax advice and implications on an ever changing deal portfolio.
• Delivering bespoke stamp tax advice, working closely with direct tax specialists as well as other parts of PwC (e.g. advisory, legal) in order to best service your client’s needs.
• Working closely with other members of the Tax Regions South team and stamp taxes network on a wide variety of transactions.
Essential Qualification & Skills:
• Experience providing stamp tax advice for a professional services firm or Government Agency in any jurisdiction (essential) and experience of advising on UK stamp taxes (desirable)
• Ability to work well in a team
• Evidence of managing projects for key clients
• Experience of leading and coaching others
• Experience in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
• An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
• Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfil the role.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity