Our client is the in-house tax team of a large group. This team seeks a qualified corporate tax specialist to join them ideally on a 3 day week (4 day also considered). Based in Leeds LS12 the business has plenty of parking on-site. In this part-time role you will be responsible for providing strategic, technical and commercial tax advice to the group and managing the group's tax compliance work.
Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the group's tax strategy.
- Provide strategic direction on tax matters.
- Realise the implications of changes in tax legislation and developments, plan and implement accordingly.
- Provide technical advice and project management for tax related matters.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of tax returns and payments to HMRC (VAT, Corporation Tax, Employment etc.) with external tax compliance support as required.
- Oversee and improve tax compliance processes.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and external tax advisors.
- Manage the year end tax accounting process.
- Provide support for tax budgeting and forecasting.
- Manage the group's tax risk register and Senior Accounting Officer submission, taking action to mitigate tax risks identified.
- Aid the wider Finance team including the training of staff.
Tax Manager Requirements:
- CTA qualified; - Our client is looking for somebody who is tax qualified - who has the post qualification experience to bring valuable commercial corporate and employment tax expertise.
-Commercial experience of corporate and employment tax (ideally some VAT and international tax).
- Excellent project management skills and experience of leading and implementing projects.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, both internally and externally, with the ability to influence and gain results.
-Commercial experience of corporate and employment tax
- Good written and verbal skills to consistently and accurately present information, with confidence and credibility.
- First Class or 2:1 Degree.
- Knowledge of long term contract accounting.
- Experience of COINS.
For more information apply to Georgiana