A Big Four firm are looking for Tax Assistant Managers with UK corporate tax experience to join them in their regional compliance centres in Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff. The role is offered both full time and part time with flexible working arrangements.
The role will involve the opportunity to work closely with tax professionals based in UK offices, along with offshore partners. The team work with clients of all sizes across a wide range of sectors.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Maintaining a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Working with the local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
• Reviewing the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
• Liaising with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identifying and resolving technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Providing advice and support to the local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Developing and maintaining relationships and act as primary liaison with local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Working with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with local office teams as needed.
• Identifying opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.