Interim Tax Manager Opportunity for a Global household brand in Essex: Up to £450 per day
Interim In-House Tax Manager - Essex
Global household brand in Essex - looking to recruit a stand alone Interim Tax Manager. Reports into GFC.
Your new company:
This global household brand is currently looking to recruit a stand alone Interim Tax Manager for its Group HQ based in Essex.
Your new role:
Reporting into the Group FC your key responsibilities will include:
* Managing all aspects of Corporate Tax and VAT compliance including EC Sales List and Intrastat returns;
* Preparation of interim and year end Tax Provisions;
* Preparation of P11ds and PAYE Settlement Agreement returns;
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries in relation to VAT and National Minimum Wage;
* Lead and manage distance selling projects to ensure the group accounts for VAT in EU countries. Working with the IT department to ensure SAP systems are configured appropriately;
* Documenting and communicating to senior management historic tax & VAT exposures and setting out solutions to minimise historic liabilities;
* Ensuring senior management are kept up to date on tax issues affecting the business;
* Ownership of ongoing projects including exploring solutions for Making tax Digital and automating the VAT return process; working with IT to explore Research & Development claims; developing a risk assessment in line with the Corporate Criminal Offences.
What you'll need to succeed:
It is likely that the individual will be either ACA / ACCA or CTA qualified. Applications will be considered from individuals that are currently in practice or working in-house. Given this is a stand alone role and will be the go to person for tax, the right type of softer skills are paramount.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Tasha de Keyser now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.