Senior Associates - Audit of Tax - Birmingham
Who We Are
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be a part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus that influences the services we provide and decisions we make.
We are looking for Senior Associates to join as a key member of the Audit of Tax Centre of Excellence. The core team provide consistency year on year for both clients and PwC teams as well as being able to develop ‘best in class’ AoT practices that drive continual improvement within the CoE. The CoE hubs will have a clear career path structure, from graduate through to director (with potential pathway to Partner). You will have the opportunity to work with experienced and senior staff across the Audit of Tax and Audit network. This will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment. You will play a key role in the Centre of Excellence Audit of Tax network which is made up from other Managers, Senior Managers and Directors who ‘champion’ audit of tax in their local offices. They and you will lead and participate in regular network events with technical updates and training opportunities. Working within the CoE will provide the ability to maintain and hone deep technical capabilities to evaluate judgements on complex tax risks and structures. By virtue of the CoE dealing with complex audits, you will also have access to more technically complex areas earlier on in career path than in general advisory.
Locations: Birmingham / Wider Midlands area.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being:-
A senior Associate is required to work in the Audit of Tax Centre of Excellence as a key member of the South East and Midlands audit of tax network. To supplement your work on audits of tax and tax accounting, you will also spend c.20% of your time working with corporate tax advisory clients.
Duties and responsibilities will involve:
• You will be responsible for delivering complex audits of tax and liaising with technical specialists and the core audit team as required.
• You will manage the tax team on each client and produce or review detailed, high quality documentation in line with the firm’s requirements and procedures.
• Ensuring full compliance with audit methodologies and documentation
• Our audit of tax specialists are involved in a broad range of audit issues, including tax risks associated with international supply chain, finance structures, the impact of changing tax rules, the impact of major corporate transactions and appropriately accounting for tax uncertainties.
• You will have the opportunity to work with experienced Directors and Partners across the Southeast, Midlands or North region.
Key Skills and Attributes
• Minimum of 2:1 degree
• UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
• You will have gained significant audit of tax experience on complex international audits.
• You will need a strong understanding of audit risk and how this is managed through procedures and documentation.
• You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
• You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
• You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
• You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
• You will have a strong tax accounting background and be capable of delivering tax accounting assistance and advice relevant to consolidated international tax provisions and impacts of changes to accounting policy.
• Experience of US GAAP is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS is essential.
In addition to our permanent opportunities, we are also able to offer alternative opportunities via our Flexible Talent Network. There are all sorts of reasons why a traditional working pattern may not be quite right for you and why working more flexibly with us could be just what you were looking for.
Role closing Date: 4th December 2019
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity