A lead Indirect Tax role with this professional services organisation. They have a key requirement for an Indirect Tax specialist to come in and take responsibility for all aspects of VAT reporting for the UK business. It is an interesting, varied and challenging role requiring an ability to mix compliance reviews with high profile and varied internal VAT advisory. In particular you will be responsible for:
• Reviewing and overseeing the completion and submission of compliance returns for the UK VAT group and other UK entities
• Providing the business with timely VAT advice and guidance via a dedicated internal VAT Helpline
• Working with overseas tax advisors to obtain advice and ensure the accurate and timely filing of overseas indirect tax returns
• Managing and updating the annual partial exemption and Capital Goods Scheme review and input tax adjustments in line with the method agreed with HMRC
• Working with internal teams such as legal, procurement, finance to ensure that systems, processes, procedures and reporting remain compliant with existing VAT rules
• Keeping up to date on relevant VAT tribunal decisions and assessing impact to the business and training
To apply you will need in-depth UK VAT experience and a robust understanding of VAT reporting and extracting information from ERP systems. Please get in contact for a full job description.