Senior VAT advisory role with a well-known international group.
Our client is a FTSE100 entertainment group seeking a Senior VAT Manager to support their international operations. Reporting directly to the Head of Indirect Tax, this role will have an advisory focus supporting multiple business lines and leading on significant transformation projects. On offer will be a competitive salary package for the right candidate.
* Evaluate business and corporate strategies for VAT efficiency, participate in decision making and deployment of the strategies;
* Advise the Business Units on VAT and Customs Duty queries (including in Europe) related to existing and new business areas;
* Reviewing new legislation and advise on the implications for the group's indirect tax position;
* Update and document existing procedures and processes, and/or implement new processes where necessary, to ensure robust indirect tax compliance and reporting, fully meeting SOX requirements where applicable;
* Ensure staff involved in the end-to-end VAT process are properly coached on indirect tax processes and procedures, and are supported in their day-to-day role (e.g. by providing checklists or through answering ad hoc queries);
* Oversight and support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks;
* Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas;
* Provide ad hoc support to the wider Tax and corporate leadership teams.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion