A multinational high-growth retail group are looking to hire a first-time Group Tax Manager to join their HQ finance team in Central London. This newly created role will be responsible for the hands-on management of the Group's direct and indirect tax across the UK and internationally, with lots of projects to lead and to be involved in.
* Preparation and filing of the UK corporation tax returns.
* Implement the groups transfer pricing policy, ensuring appropriate group and local country documentation is in place.
* Research and provide tax advice on the implications of key transactions and expansion decisions of the Group.
* Preparation of the VAT returns in the UK, European branches and subsidiaries, Canadian GST returns and US sales tax returns.
* Oversight of the VAT returns for distance selling in the UK and Rest of the World.
* Preparation of year-end group tax consolidation and disclosures for the group.
* Responsibility for readiness preparations for the Senior Accounting Officer regime and then ongoing compliance and certification.
* Creation and then subsequent ownership of a tax risk register for the group, documenting the group's tax risks and approach to mitigating these risks via processes and controls.
* Maintenance and annual update of tax strategy publication on the website.
* Manage the relationship with HMRC and lead the response to any HMRC or local tax authority enquiries.
* Professionally qualified in tax or accountancy (ACA and/or CTA).
* Comfortable working independently/with a low level of supervision.
* Willingness to roll up sleeves and get into and question the detail.
* Commercially aware and able to build relationships with stakeholders across the business.
* Strong project management skills.