As a Manager within this Expatriate Tax team you will be responsible for the day to day running of your client portfolio. This will include managing both the compliance and advisory work.
Working closely with the team leadership, you will focus on the delivery of an exceptional service to your clients, demonstrating your solid tax technical capabilities and building strong and lasting relationships with your client base.
• Managing a portfolio of clients and the high quality delivery of all aspects of UK expatriate tax compliance.
• To be the primary point of contact for both the corporate clients and the individual assignees.
• Building and managing the day to day client relationships, as well as liaison with HMRC.
• Conducting arrival and departure meetings with international assignees.
• Reviewing UK tax returns and dealing with any queries arising.
• Modified expatriate payrolls, gross up calculations and the year end process.
• Management and development of junior staff to ensure a consistently high standard of client service.
• Advisory and project work, to include advising on such issues as STBVs and the structure of tax efficient international assignment
• Playing an active role on tenders and proposals, in conjunction with the team leadership.
• WIP management, budgets and billing.
• Ideally CTA qualified (or equivalent).
• Experience of managing expatriate tax programs with a track record of superior client service.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport and develop strong relationships.
• Experience of leading and motivating more junior members of staff.
• Works well independently but is also a highly effective team player.
• Ability to understand the full range of the firm's service offering and translating that into identifying new work opportunities.
• Commercial awareness and a practical, business driven approach.