One of the leading accountancy practices in Southampton are currently looking to recruit an experienced VAT Manager to manage a high profile portfolio of clients. This role will actively supporting the growth of VAT within this practice which is already a key growth area for the business.
This Top 20 multi-service practice and a nationally regarded firm. The Southampton office is experiencing significant growth in some key areas with VAT being one of them.
The key responsibilities of this role would be:
To ensure that compliance clients' VAT affairs comply with statutory time limits, and to manage compliance
work efficiently, profitably and in accordance with the firm's tax manual.
* To undertake specialist technical advisory assignments as required, and identify areas of risk and VAT cash
flow savings opportunities as appropriate.
* To respond to client correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of
the current status of the VAT work.
* To undertake work delegated by local or regional Partners, Directors or Associate Directors.
* To act as the principal point of contact to a portfolio of clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client
service at all times.
* To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
* To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work done and to bill
clients on a timely basis.
* To achieve targets set by management on compliance matters with particular reference to the submission of
* To develop an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an
awareness of the firm's services, brochures and publications.
* To assist with business development initiatives and assist other departments in the research and preparation
of formal proposals for new work.
* To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars and to effectively follow up contacts made.
* To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
* Attend staff meetings and training as required.
* Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns
to the Health and Safety Representative.
* Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its
grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
The role requires:
* Previous experience of working at Manager level or an ambitious Assistant Manager within VAT practice or
* Previous experience of undertaking business development, and growing and developing strong relationships
with the existing clients and new leads.
On offer is a highly competitive remuneration package dependent on experience as well as benefits associated with working with a highly successful, large accountancy firm.