An instantly recognisable blue-chip in Slough is currently searching for a Tax Manager as they look to in-house their tax function for the first time. This is a standalone role and working alongside the wider finance team and external advisors to set up a tax department. This is a newly created role and has the remit of bringing in a number two within 12 months.
This position will report into the regional finance director and encompass a variety of responsibilities, mainly focusing on corporate tax.
- Ownership of the EMEA corporate tax compliance cycle, managing outsourced preparation within a review capacity
- Advise the group on changes to regional tax legislation and the impact on group’s tax strategy
- Tax forecasting and monitoring of the group’s ETR
- VAT advisory, answering group queries where required
- Gain exposure to TP documentation, strategy and compliance for the UK and Western Europe
- ACA/CTA qualified with roughly 3 years PQE
- Proven knowledge of corporate tax, preferably within a top tier and/or blue chip environment
- Broader tax experience would be beneficial, particularly on VAT and transfer pricing but not essential
- A strong, confident personality would be advantageous
Candidates will also be considered on a 4 day a week basis.