Great opportunity to join a highly respected Reward team within a large national firm who are known for developing their people through the ranks, rather than recruiting externally. With an exceedingly supportive Partner group and fantastic quality of work, the client base in this team can offer you the breadth of exposure to further augment your career.
With a plentiful mix of large listed corporates and international clients through to OMBs and private equity backed companies, the onus here is on providing excellent client service to your portfolio. You will be adept at building lasting client relationships based on timely and accurate delivery of work and making each client feel special. A personable team player who is also happy to work on their own initiative would fit in well. There is no requirement to go out and win work.
This team are also at the cutting edge of technology for international clients to calculate their tax at all stages of the share plans over multiple tax jurisdictions. For those with an interest in doing more international work, these are exciting times.
The ideal candidate will be adept in the use of standard incentive structures and possibly have had exposure to more bespoke reward planning, although this is not essential as training will be given. The role covers both compliance and advisory / project based work to include:
• The design and implementation of both approved and unapproved share plans.
• Advice on the tax treatment of share options and other forms of employee share ownership.
• Knowledge of EMI, ESS and other approved share plans.
• Development of expertise on split interest, freezer and nil paid arrangements.
• Assisting with the preparation of share valuations and liaison with HMRC.
• Preparing annual returns and providing payroll advice on share awards.
• Drafting documents such as plan rules and performance conditions.
• Formulating unique, bespoke solutions for clients.
• Providing advice and support on transactions such as sales and IPOs.
Suitable candidates may come from either an accountancy, legal or consultancy firm background. Continuous training and development is a priority for this firm and you will be encouraged to aim high and achieve your career aspirations.