Global clearing house looking to recruit an Associate Tax Director. Based Central London.
Your new company
Post trade financial services company providing clearing and settlement services to the financial markets.
Your new role
The Associate Director of Tax is responsible for all of the Group's EMEA Corporate Tax compliance, EMEA Tax accounting, VAT compliance & and other corporate tax matters.
The EMEA regional tax team is part of the wider NY based Global tax team covering the tax affairs for more than 40 entities in 17 countries, spanning EMEA, the Americas and APAC regions. In its activities the two person London based tax team has significant interaction with the NY based US/Global Tax team as well as the APAC regional tax team.
The Tax department develops and executes the groups tax planning strategies, and manages our myriad global tax compliance and reporting requirements spanning across seventeen countries in Asia, Europe, Australia and North America. The Tax department also advises the groups businesses on tax matters, supporting their operations and transactions by evaluating tax consequences and risks.
* Preparation, reconciliation, review of tax schedules and submission of UK corporate income tax returns and related filings;
* Partner with external advisors on the preparation, review and submission of EMEA corporate income tax returns and related filings for the group's international subsidiaries;
* Partner with the Global Tax team and interact with external advisors on transfer pricing requirements, reports and myriad other international tax issues;
* Prepare tax provisions for interim and annual group tax accounting and disclosures under IFRS accounting standards, and work with the NY based US/Global Tax team in their review of such provisions;
* Prepare tax journals, arrange and record payments and prepare tax reconciliations;
* Coordinate any response to and liaise with HMRC and other tax authorities on, audits and other tax matters.
What you'll need to succeed
* Minimum of 7 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
* CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified, or equivalent, with a strong academic record (will also consider; or QBE candidates with strong practical tax experience);
* 6-8 years of UK Tax experience;
* Previous experience of working with teams across multiple jurisdictions;
* Liaise with tax authorities on all enquiries;
* Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.