An opportunity to work within a multinational investment bank's EMEA group tax team, as part of their advisory function. The role will consist of analysis of cross border activities, operational taxes, review of new products and documentation, whilst supporting other disciplines with the company. The role will suit a qualified tax adviser or tax lawyer, with exposure to the financial services sector.
Provision of tax advisory support to the EMEA Institutional Securities business. The role will involve working closely with the Officers in the EMEA Tax Business Unit support team who provide advice across equity, fixed income, private fund and investment banking business lines.
* Analysis of cross border activities to ensure withholding taxes, stamp taxes, capital gains, corporate/local taxes are managed within the risk limits of the firm
* Work in an advisory capacity with Tax Operations to ensure that appropriate taxes have been collected, withheld, reclaimed etc
* Assistance in review and sign off responsibility for new products developed by business units
* Review of documentation
* Coordinate with other support disciplines (Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Regulatory) to ensure that tax provisions, structures, policies, guidelines, etc. are understood and implemented appropriately and that other support functions are involved as necessary
* Obtain thorough advice from a network of tax advisers in EMEA region, interpreting this for business units and using this advice to make sound business judgements in the management of tax risk
* Liaising with other tax department members both within the European tax function and in other worldwide locations
* Qualified Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser or Tax Lawyer
* Advisory Coverage experience within the Financial Service Sector
* Experience in international cross border transactions including liaising with overseas jurisdictions
* Strong technical and analytical abilities, excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* Self-motivated, innovative and flexible, a team player, and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines