A global FTSE 50 Consumer Group are seeking a Senior Treasury Tax Manager to join their Group tax function based in London. This is a broad international tax role in the UK Team with a focus on treasury tax. The purpose of this role is to assist the team leader in consolidating and reporting the global tax risk position, with particular focus on treasury activities, and to proactively manage the Group's UK corporate tax affairs ensuring that they maintain a good relationship with HMRC, are compliant with UK tax legislation and UK reporting is compliant with external reporting requirements.
Assist in the delivery of the UK Team agenda, including:
* Work with Group Treasury and other Group tax teams to manage tax risk associated with complex financing transactions and intra-group financing arrangements. Assessing the impact of changes in tax law and accounting principles on the group's treasury operations;
* Managing UK compliance (including reporting requirements) with regard to the Group's Treasury companies. Ensure UK Group's corporate tax compliance requirements are met including assisting team leader in the management of HMRC audit of the returns of the UK Group's Treasury companies;
* Advise international tax aspects of UK tax law, including CFC, DTR, UK Post Transaction Reporting, tax residence, transfer pricing on funding arrangements and withholding tax on interest and dividends.
* Degree Level, ACA/ CTA qualified with several years post-qualified experience
* Understanding of accounting principles IFRS/UK GAAP applicable to Tax & Treasury;
* Strong technical tax capability on tax legislation applicable to treasury operations e.g. loan relationships and FX legislation, derivative contracts, FX matching rules;
* Broad understanding of key international tax issues, including CFC, DTR & Post Transaction Reporting;
* Application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda;
* Sound judgement regarding acceptable levels of tax risk;
* Effective project management and implementation skills;
* Awareness of external environment in relation to tax issues; and
* Strong team working and communication skills.
* Generates and sustains great working relationships and networks across the organisation;
* Courage to maintain focus and integrity in tough situations;
* Combines commercial instinct with analytical rigour; and
* Coaching experience preferable.
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth