We're working with a technology business to find an indirect tax advisor, manager grade, to join their in house VAT team. This team advises the global business and does not look after any compliance. You will have a commercial mindset and be comfortable in a fast-pace environment. You will be challenged through a variety of different projects, will grow with the business and be offered internal promotion opportunities.
* Provide commercially focused Indirect Tax advice across Europe ensuring business is aware of the indirect tax implications on their business.
* Identify VAT risk within the business and advice on appropriately managing tax risk which is aligned with current Indirect Tax developments and practice.
* Proactively identify and implement Indirect Tax cash flow and cash management strategies.
* Provide Indirect Tax advice, guidance and training to Shared Service accounting functions such as GL, AP and AR functions.
* Monitor and manage Indirect Tax legislation developments and maintain consistent up-to date knowledge of VAT legislation. Provide effective communication on these developments and training to end business users to ensure timely identification of impacts or opportunities and ensuring the business is prepared for legislative changes.
* Ensure that the business pays the right amount of indirect tax by determining the indirect tax impact of new commercial agreements and advising on the key elements that impact the amount of tax payable.
* Dealing with external advisers, consultants, taxation authorities and joint venture partners relating to tax planning, tax audit support and accounting processes assessing the implications on the business activities.
* ACA, CTA, ACCA, qualified lawyer (or equivalent experience).
* 4+ years indirect tax experience in practice and in house.
* Working knowledge of indirect tax compliance processes, from data extraction to return submission.
* Good understanding of general accounting principles and sound commercial awareness essential.
* Good organizational and project management skills and ability to prioritize personal workload.
* Self-starter with strong project management skills and is capable to step into vat technical projects including cross border.
* European VAT knowledge a must.