Change Public Practice are working with one of Scotland’s leading independent Chartered Accountancy firms in Glasgow to assist them in the hire of a Personal Tax Assistant for a part-time role. This will ideally be for approximately 3 days / week but can be flexible around the successful applicant’s preferences and commitments.
This business is one of the longest established CA firms in Scotland and therefore have a fantastic reputation across all of their service lines and offerings. This tax team have not needed to go to market for several years as they have such strong staff retention which is largely attributed to the internal working culture and work-life balance that is on offer. This firm offers flexible working hours including early and later starts in addition to other incentives which really makes a difference in the overall working culture. As this business has such a strong market reputation, the client portfolio and tax work also adds a lot of value to your own career development and progression.
This role will involve working in the personal and corporate tax team and focus on providing personal tax compliance and advisory services. Responsibilities will include:
· Liaise with the Head of Department and Manger to deliver tax returns
· Liaise with clients to obtain information and manage deadlines
· Prepare tax returns, computations and schedules
· Ensure clients understand statutory regulations
· Research tax technical issues where required
· Manage workflow and ensure each job is delivered on time, and where required, to meet agreed completion / submission targets
· Manage and control allocated wip on a monthly basis
· Prepare fees on a monthly basis
· Ideally you hold, or be working towards, a professional qualification i.e. ATT and looking to develop further and be supported through CTA studies
· You will have approximately 2 years’ personal tax experience gained from a Public Practice firm i.e. Big 4, Top 10, Mid-Tier or Independent CA firm
· As this role involves a high level of client contact, strong and confident communications skills are essential
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are highly desirable skills