Marks Sattin are currently working with an excellent Client focused Practice on the outskirts of Harrogate.
Your role will be to provide our range of accountancy services and support to a specific group of clients allocated to you. More specifically duties include the following:
* Preparation of client year end accounts, tax returns (company and personal), VAT returns, CIS returns, payroll and company secretarial requirements in a timely manner to avoid missing deadlines and to meet with promises provided by the business to clients.
* To be the first point contact for general client queries exhibiting sufficient awareness to refer issues to a more senior member of the team / Director where appropriate.
* General day to day correspondence concerning client affairs including contacting third parties such as HMRC, Companies House, banks, IP's.
* To ensure all verbal or written help and advice provided to a client is recorded in the businesses CRM systems and highlighted to a Director where appropriate.
* To pro-actively liaise with clients to request records, and further information as well as offering recommendations and advice to improve efficiencies.
* To pro-actively provide general advice to clients (e.g. send details of changes that effect their business)
* Offer advice on accounting systems and software packages where possible. This means in-depth knowledge and certification with Xero.
* Preparation of client notes and planning tools
* To learn about a client's business and business model providing help on best practice where possible.
* Provide Management with progress reports and attend regular WIP meetings to ensure Senior Management is kept updated of any client issues, problems, changes or opportunities.
* Identify opportunities to sell additional relevant services to clients (e.g. management accounts, payroll services, Xero subscriptions etc)
* Wherever possible develop new business opportunities, referrals and new client contacts.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.