Our client is a leading multinational looking to hire an Indirect Tax Advisor (Manager OR SM level) to join their team in central London.
The purpose of the role is twofold: to ensure that the processes and controls operated by the business are sufficiently robust from an indirect tax perspective and that business transactions are organised in the most VAT efficient way.
In this role there is a lot of interaction with Finance and external stakeholders so you must be able to liaise with a range of people across the Company and ultimately to work with a minimum of supervision, managing their own workloads and priorities
The role has line management responsibility and is expected to contribute to the overall Indirect Tax strategy and agenda.
The post-holder will be a member of the Tax Team and will be expected to play an active role within it. They will be required to grow the role and to take on responsibilities from their line manager over time.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* CTA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or equivalent experience
* Right to work in the UK
* A sound knowledge of VAT, CCL and other indirect taxes and an ability to apply knowledge in a commercial way
* Very strong attention to detail;
* Ability to deal with significant amounts of ambiguity and to resolve complex problems
* Solution orientated approach to work
* Ability to prioritise a large and complex workload;
* Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills