A rapidly growing City based investment management firm are looking to appoint their first Group Tax Manager. The firm has gone from strength to strength over the past three years and now want to take control of their own tax matters.
This is a heavily advisory led role that will require a confident individual, happy to get out and knock on doors within the business. A tax manager and tax assistant have very recently been hired – they will be responsible for the hands-on compliance work and you will be responsible for their CPD.
- Take control and own all tax matters for the firm, with a core focus on corporation tax but wider oversight of capital gains, VAT, stamp duty and international taxes
- Internal and external relationship management, liaising closely with advisors and stakeholders within the business
- Assessing the current state of tax affairs within the firm, advising where better practice can be implemented and advising on potential system upgrades
- Monitoring and control of the firm’s tax risk
- ACA/CTA qualified with Big 4/Top tier training and preferably 3-5 years in house experience
- Investment management experience (either in practice or industry) would be very beneficial
- An expert in current and upcoming CT legislation, in addition to general coverage of other areas of tax
- A highly entrepreneurial nature, genuinely eager to raise the tax functions profile within group and network closely both internally or externally