A Top 10 accounting practice is looking for a new Trusts & Estates Tax Senior Manager to join their growing Private Client team in London.
The firm prides itself on its friendly and supportive atmosphere, and has a lot of ambition for growth and the future. This role offers challenging, rewarding work with a diverse client base, with a focus on a healthy work-life balance, and has a generous remunerations package to boot.
If you are passionate about your work and possess a strong professional background, this is the company for you.
• Advise on Inheritance tax, trusts and estate planning for domestic and international clients
• Have primary responsibility for the day to day management of a varied caseload and resolving private client queries without direct supervision from the director
• Assist other client engagement partners in providing a pro-active tax advice service to existing clients, and generally support cross-discipline advice by working with other teams
• Assist the directors’ and partners’ business development to maximise fee income and develop the portfolio of clients
• Respond to queries from the firm's other offices and ensure timely completion of any work being undertaken
• Build good working relationships with clients, understand client needs and communicate with them in layman's terms
• Lead meetings with internal and external clients and be responsible for all correspondence
• Agree and negotiate with clients regarding the fees per engagement
• Control WIP and oversee billing arrangements for a portfolio of clients including reviewing fee proposals, agreeing fees with partners/clients, issuing fees and debt collection
• Work as part of a team and delegate effectively to staff of a suitable level and provide technical support
• Have an awareness of compliance issues
• Mentor and develop junior members of the team within the department, including reviewing as appropriate
• Be aware of probate and administration work in respect of UK and non UK domiciled estates
• Seek opportunities to develop own technical skills by attending internal and external training courses, seminars and conferences
• Proven specialist technical private client experience gained within a practice environment is essential with an emphasis on Trusts, Estates and IHT.
• Proven experience providing tax planning advice and solutions to high net worth individuals
• Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical skills
• CTA qualification desirable and/or a member of STEP. An accountancy or legal qualification
would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Team orientated
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Able to work with minimum supervision and with accuracy and focus to meet deadlines
• An interest and experience in business development and marketing
Apply now through etaxjobs to learn more.