The primary function of the role is to support the group tax function in ensuring that the group complies with tax legislation and accounts for tax appropriately, assisting with the provision of high quality advice on UK corporate and other tax issues. In particular this will involve the preparation of corporation tax computations, taking responsibility for the tax treatment of Treasury transactions and some involvement with employee tax issues.
The role is for 3 days a week and the salary is the full time equivalent.
Compliance and assurance
• Prepare UK corporation tax returns for operating and investment management companies, including a Securitisation Company.
• Oversee and manage the corporation tax compliance for the group, including claims and elections.
• Review quarterly derivative tax accounting under FRS 102 and IFRS for approximately 34 derivative contracts held in 6 entities of the group, at 4 different group levels, and the associated deferred tax asset of approximately £65m.
• Liaise with Treasury and manage the Group’s withholding tax obligations including preparation of CT61 returns for 4 companies, R185 certificates and the relevant withholding tax payments to HMRC on a quarterly basis.
• Determine the group relief payments and the final group relief position at the year end, for the group.
• Assist with the preparation of the Capital Allowances Support Pack.
• Support with the review of expenditure for capital allowance claims
• Deal with issues raised by HM Revenue & Customs.
For more information please contract Debbie Hills