* Responsibility for Global tax, VAT, payroll, corporate tax compliance and returns.
* Be the point person on international Indirect tax issues including BEPS, Permanent Establishment evaluations and transfer pricing compliance. This position would be the first point of contact for each Business Unit for international tax matters.
* Monitor international tax developments (e.g. changes in legislation, regulations and in business operations) and communicate the necessary recommendations associated with such developments.
* Work closely with business operations, finance, legal, marketing and accounting departments to ensure solid understanding of existing products and/or new products or regional marketing efforts; including a solid understanding of revenue streams by product by business unit.
The sucessful candidate will be a qualified tax accountant with international tax experience including direct and indirect tax issues.
* Demonstrated successful knowledge and of working within a Multi National Corporation structure with hands on experience of accounting or managing a foreign operation.
* Demonstrated success in working in a multi-currency environment and driving awareness of tax regulatory changes.
* Demonstrated successful working knowledge of VAT and GST and transfer pricing principles.
* Have accounting and tax knowledge with strong evidence of Tax research and outcome recommendations.
* Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional groups: CFO, business partners, Corporate Tax, accounting teams.