A year long maternity cover contract which will give the successful applicant responsibility tax reporting and compliance and to provide tax advice to the business as required (predominantly VAT and corporation tax plus occasional employment tax). The role will work closely with both the FC and CFO, together with rest of the Finance team and wider senior management team.
An international digital education company based in central London.
Key responsibilities include:
* Provision of tax advice as required by the business, for example on the VAT treatment of a new product, an incentive scheme or new market. VAT is the predominant area of advisory work, however corporation tax, transfer pricing and employment tax queries will also arise.
* Monitoring intercompany transactions and ensuring transfer pricing risks are managed, maintaining appropriate transfer pricing documentation.
* Monitoring and reviewing tax processes and controls to ensure continuous improvement.
* Ensuring internal systems are correctly accounting for sales tax and providing input on the tax configuration of the accounting system.
* Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT and MOSS returns for the UK VAT group.
* Preparation of annual tax computations and returns for all UK companies using Alphatax software and submission to HMRC.
* Preparation of tax accounting entries for quarterly and annual reporting and preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for tax accounts.
* Preparation of quarterly EC Sales List.
* Overseeing direct and indirect tax compliance for all overseas entities, ensuring tax deadlines are met and providing required information to external tax advisors for preparation of overseas returns.
* Liaising with external tax advisors, HMRC and other governmental agencies as appropriate on all tax matters.
* Keeping up to date on changing tax legislation and the assessing the impact on the Group.
* Any other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum 3 years' relevant experience in a tax role.
* Experience of providing VAT and corporation tax advice in a variety of areas with the emphasis on VAT.
* Experience of completing corporation tax and VAT returns.
* Able to research to gain an understanding of unfamiliar tax topics in order to deal with ad hoc tax queries from the business.
* Able to communicate technical information effectively at all levels, including to non-financial people.
* Good understanding of accounting and tax planning.
£300 - £400 per day or equivalent annual salary equivalent