The VAT Manager will lead the Indirect Tax Compliance activities related to a portfolio of VAT registrations (countries), working closely with our main stakeholders and acting as point of contact for technical matters related to Indirect Tax, both internally and externally.
* The candidate will ensure compliance with our monthly KPIs, being mainly related to returns filed on time, tax payments made on time, Balance Sheet Reconciliations completed on time and prepared with the standard quality. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that an early warning system is in place and that issues are communicated well in advance of deadlines.
* Managing effectively both internal and external audits for the entities in scope and ensuring that information and questions are addressed on a timely basis.
* Contributing to the maintenance and development of existing and new SOPs.
* Appropriate & timely assessment of our controls environment (including L1 and SOX controls)
* Managing a team, from recruitment, through training and then through continuous development to optimise their knowledge & awareness of the Company's trading models and the Indirect Tax regulations and processes relevant to the entities in scope.
* The expert utilisation of provided compliance tools and contributing on a real time basis to logs and trackers of activities so as to ensure high quality compliance results and transparency to stakeholders of current workflow progress and issues as they arise.
* Ensure Ways of Working defined within our team and also with our stakeholders are followed and identify any gaps or overlaps.