This is a personal compliance tax role with a slight focus on corporate tax and will be reporting to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support to supervisors and managers.
A Top 20 accountancy firm specialising within the OMB arena across the UK, well established firm with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
* Preparing annual tax returns (individuals. Partnerships, companies, trusts and forms p11Ds/PSAs)
* Obtaining missing information etc. from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
* Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
* Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
* Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
* Preparing basic capital gains computations
* Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the supervisor's approval
* Drafting replies to client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
* Electronically filing tax returns if necessary
* Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
* Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
* Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
* Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
Minimum 2-3 years' experience working in a tax environment
The Tax Semi-Senior / Senior role is offering a competitive salary, study support with CTA, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.