Indirect Tax advisory role with a leading telecommunications group.
Pure Search are working exclusively with this leading telecommunications business headquartered in the M4 corridor. Reporting directly to the Head of Tax, this role will act the lead subject matter expert on all UK and European VAT matters. Part of this role will also involve supervising the tax compliance function, who will prepare the majority of VAT returns. This is an ideal role for an experienced VAT advisory specialist looking to step into a more senior role. Prior telecommunications experience is not essential, but useful.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Supervise and review the preparation and submission of UK VAT returns.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion