Lead Indirect Tax role with an international manufacturing business.
We are working with a FTSE250 manufacturing business to identify a new Indirect Tax lead to report direct to the Head of Tax. The role will be responsible for all Indirect Tax matters across the business, including Customs. The company has operations in 35 countries across EMEA, the Americas and APAC. The role will be advisory in focus, with compliance work performed by operational finance teams. This is an ideal role for Indirect Tax specialists with prior international experience, though candidates from a UK orientated role will be considered. Prior Customs experience is not required, though it will form part of the role.
* Advise business units on UK and European Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all activities.
* Assess the Indirect Tax risk of the business operations, making strategic decisions on the position and ensuring continued positive reputation with tax authorities.
* Identify opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
* Review of UK and international VAT compliance.
* Ensure operational effectiveness and continuously improve the integrity of systems and controls.
* Work with regional and global stakeholders on VAT initiatives.
* Act as a key member of the Tax leadership team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion