Change International are working with a market leading Global Accounting firm to assist them in the recruitment of a Tax Associate. This role will be based in the Channel Islands and involve working with clients from Financial Services industries.
This firm has a real focus on work-life balance and flexible hours and as such has a strong staff retention within their tax function. This role will also involve gaining exposure of working on clients of all sizes and across a wide range of FS sectors.
· Provide day-to-day support to Managers and Assistant Managers to assist with their portfolio of clients
· Prepare the first draft tax computation for a portfolio of clients, take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared on a timely basis for review
· Understand the client requirements at the start of each compliance cycle based on instructions received and timetable agreed with the client and deliver work in accordance with those requirements
· Liaise with the client to obtain information required to prepare tax computations
· Identify technical issues, prepare initial technical analysis and liaison with senior colleagues to resolve the problem
· Assist with other ad hoc tax compliance work including tax accounting
· 3 years tax experience, ideally gained from a Public Practice firm i.e. Big 4 / Top 10 / mid-tier
· Qualified with a professional accountancy qualifications i.e. ACCA / CA / CTA / ATT / AAT etc.
· You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a high quality of work
· Strong attention to detail and excellent computer skills
· Excellent team work and organisational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills