A Global Investment Bank is looking for a qualified or part-qualified tax professional to join to it's highly skilled International Tax team. The department is responsible for tax matters for entities and branches in Europe and Asia, as well as providing support to the Global Tax team in New York on cross-border projects.
As a lean team covering various jurisdictions the International Tax department deals with a wide range of responsibilities, with the successful candidate expected to be fully engaged with both compliance and advisory requirements. The successful candidate will initially focus on supporting the International Tax Manager and International VAT Manager, with scope to grow into his/her own areas of specialism.
Key responsibilities include:
* Prepare direct and indirect tax returns
* Assisting with transfer pricing reviews
* Conducting tax planning analyses and providing support to front office departments by reviewing new business functions as they arise.
* Advise on various strategic business initiatives, such as global debt restructuring and Brexit planning.
* Assist in the preparation of all corporate tax returns;
* Assist with the production of tax postings for year-end reporting;
* Assist with the production of tax notes for inclusion in the firm's statutory accounts;
* Assist with ad hoc projects and tax planning analyses; and
* Assist in preparing quarterly VAT returns.
* Newly qualified ACA/CTA or equivalent, or working towards a professional qualification with relevant experience
* A good team player, positive attitude and with strong communication skills
* Background in UK corporate taxation
* A keen interest to develop knowledge in other areas, including VAT
* Relevant FS sector experience considered an asset.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.