The role has responsibility for month-end reporting of the UK result to both Centre and the UK Executive, including the following:
Production of various management reports for the UKs four business lines, for the UK Executive and Centre, as efficiently as possible whilst maintaining a high standard of presentation, providing clarity on key issues facing the business and in line with required timescales
* Ownership and ongoing maintenance of the UK Reporting deliverables timetable. Build and maintain relationships with the wider finance team and the business to support these deliverables.
* Ensuring that the Flash and Actuals P&L, KPI and Capex data is entered by the finance teams into the TM1 consolidation system is complete, timely and consolidated correctly.
* Ensuring that Capex data entered by wider finance teams is accurate, in line with data held by Centre and categorised correctly and able to challenge reforecast submissions.
* Assist the Senior Planning & Reporting Manager in understanding key variances to Plan for P&L, KPI and Capex data.
* Supporting the wider finance teams with any TM1 related queries during month-end that don't need Systems support.
* Liaising with Business Unit finance contacts to ensure month-end commentary submissions are on time, in required format and fully understood.
* Ensuring that all comparatives used for reporting align to outputs from the planning team and to the data held by the Centre.
* Support the Senior Planning & Reporting Manager in continuous improvement of the month-end reporting process.
* Managing the monthly rolling forecast submission into TM1, ensuring it is consolidating correctly and the reasons for month on month movements and variances to Plan are fully understood.
* Provide support to the planning manager in understanding risk and opportunities to rolling forecast.
* Provide general financial analysis and support to the FP&A Director, the Senior Planning & Reporting Manager and the wider FP&A team as required.
* Working closely with TM1 developers in supporting any systems development work as appropriate.
* Provide support to the planning process as appropriate including involvement in building templates for planning submissions, providing key analysis as required and assisting in the production of Plan packs to the UK Executive and the Centre.Structure and Resources
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
1 Qualified accountant, with minimum 2 years post qualified experience
2 Experience in month-end reporting at Executive level, including the ability to draw out and summarise key messages from commentary submissions from across the businesses, investigate variances and adapt reporting style to suit different audiences, ensuring high quality outputs.
3 Experience in using TM1
4 Attention to detail and integrity checking
* Ability to work independently when needed, flexible, proactive and pragmatic
* The ability to work under significant pressure and balance conflicting priorities
* Strong customer service skills, including communication and the ability to build relationships with the wider Finance community
* Objective and analytical, with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to summarise and communicate complicated issues
* Highly competent in Excel and Power Point.
* Knowledge of Cognos Controller and Peoplesoft would be desirable but not essential.
* Familiarity with actuarial concepts would be an advantage.