The successful professional will have oversight of the Customs team and will be the lead on all related projects.
Responsibilities will include:
* Managing 3 direct reports
* Prime contact for HMRC, maintaining a strong relationship and ensuring high quality submissions
* Acting as the main technical resource on Excise and Customs duty for the indirect tax team, logistics/imports team, bond and wider business - providing technical updates and ability to answer misc queries.
* Provide Customs and Excise duty advice across the business.
* Assist in the assessment of new global sourcing proposals and strategy.
* Review and sign off internal manuals and amendments for all Customs and Excise related processes
* Responsible for verifying and submitting all applications for approvals to HMRC.
* Advise on the implementation of new Customs or Excise duty related business processes and ensure robust controls are in place.
* Review implications of proposed new business systems/processes and assess their impact and provide Customs or Excise Duty input.
For a discrete and confidential conversation around the finer detail of this position please contact Jade Hawkins