2017 Industrial Placement - Tax Consulting
Aberdeen, Scotland & Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
What impact will you make?
Audit regulatory reform. Globalisation. Tech innovation. The responsibility debate. The global reset. Tax is changing; it’s high profile and it’s an opportunity for us to seize the moment and become the undisputed market leader.
We want to shape the tax landscape and be defined by our position and profitability, not simply by scale.
How? By delivering outstanding services to the broad range of clients we serve. From FTSE organisations and foreign companies to entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Projects fall broadly into three categories:
- Business Tax (tax advisory, transactions and consulting)
- Indirect Tax (consulting, business model optimisation; compliance, outsourcing, customs and global trade services)
- Global Employer Services (human capital: international mobility and reward) – you will find a different Role Description on our: 2017 Graduate Programme, Global Employer Services
In Tax we support clients in solving their most complex business issues, utilising our commercial, industry and technical knowledge. We advise a diverse range of clients from a variety of industries, drawing on our insight and innovation from multiple disciplines.
Typical Activities and Business Areas
- Keeping abreast of Tax Law
- Building quality client relationships
- Help clients with practical advice that makes tangible difference to their profits
- Providing consulting advice
Exposure to complex businesses. Insights into major sectors. Experience of whole industries. You can expect all of this on an industrial placement with Deloitte. You’ll benefit from world-class training too, alongside our graduate intake. Then take on a role that’s the same as our first year graduates. This means, you’ll not only get vital business experience, but a head start if you choose to join our Graduate Programme later. You could even go back to university with a job offer guaranteed.
At Deloitte it’s the mind-set that shapes the role. As part of the IP and early career community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers - the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress.
Deloitte is a business that doesn’t just recognise the need for diversity, but fully embraces it. Agile working is a way of life. Ownership is highly rewarded and leadership is visible at every level to guide you every step of the way.