AVP Corporate Tax role, Banking Sector, City of London, up to c. £60,000 + bonus + benefits.
An AVP job in Canary Wharf paying up to c. £60,000 + bonus + benefits where you will get involved in technical compliance work as well as providing tax advice to entities in the UK.
Your new company
Based in Canary Wharf this global Investment bank works with some of the largest businesses within the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500. As a result of movement within the large tax team there is now a requirement to recruit a corporate tax professional.
Your new role
Reporting to a Tax Manager in the Compliance and reporting team, the new recruit's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Handling and managing the local tax compliance responsibilities for a number of companies in the EMEA region
* Day to day handling of the US and local GAAP tax reporting responsibilities for a number of companies in the EMEA region
* Providing assistance in US tax record keeping both to meet compliance responsibilities and to assist in tax planning
* Providing assistance in US tax forecasting process both to meet compliance responsibilities and to assist in tax planning
* To ensure, in conjunction with the Global Head of Transfer Pricing, that appropriate transfer pricing arrangements are implemented, documented and supporting evidence maintained for business activities.
* Provide tax support for ad-hoc tax planning projects, controversy investigations, business / legal entity restructurings.
* The role provides exposure to a diverse range of tax reporting and operational issues enabling the candidate to develop a detailed understanding of the Global Markets and Global Banking businesses;
* The role will involve direct contact with a variety of Tax and Finance professionals in the UK, Europe and US;
* The role will enable the candidate to work with experienced senior tax professionals who will help develop their tax skills and knowledge;
What you'll need to succeed
Holding a relevant professional qualification will be essential for your success, as will relevant experience in an accounting firm or in-house tax department. You will also need good interpersonal skills to build working relationships within the tax team, the finance team and the business providers.
* Proactive, conscientious and high level of attention to detail;
* Good interpersonal skills to build working relationships with the tax team, the Business, advisors, the finance team and HMRC;
* Experience in an accountancy firm or in an in-house tax department. International and financial services tax experience.
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to progress your career within a CV-enhancing brand and a world-leading investment bank, with clear scope to progress either within the tax team or the wider finance function. This could be a great prospect for an ambitious individual keen to make their first move in-house.
What you need to do now ...
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now.