About the role:
Reporting into the Head of Employment Taxes you will play a vital role within the Tax and wider HR functions. The role offers plenty of variety in terms of UK focused tax advisory work (for example supporting the business's changing requirements in relation to the contingent workforce and in the area of employee benefits) and project work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
The role would suit someone with an in depth knowledge of UK Employment Taxes as well and experience dealing with expatriate tax and STBV issues. The role will involve but not be limited to the below:
Advising the business, HR and payroll on employment and expat tax matters;
* Reviewing key employment tax compliance processes in the UK and Ireland including PSA, and P11D/dispensation and advising on best practice process and tax efficiency;
* Support the Head of Employment Tax in dealing with queries from tax authorities, e.g. in relation to employment status and IR35 matters;
* Ensuring compliance with the Group's SAO and risk control environment.
* Providing support to Global Mobility function and business areas with respect to Expat tax issues in all markets in which the company operates, standardising processes and advisor management;
* Support the group's parent company Secretarial/Payroll Team on management of overseas tax compliance in respect of employee share awards;
* Assist with implementation of processes and reporting for Short Term Business Visitors and management of social security issues as a result of International expansion and mobility;
* Assisting with raising awareness of employment tax issues across the business;
* Co-working with other members of the Tax and HR teams on business transformation projects and executing the group's Tax strategy;
* Review and advise on ad-hoc tax planning, e.g M&A structuring or employee benefit structures.
* Strong technical ability preferably ATT/CTA qualified with experience at Big 4/top tier accountancy firm or in-house employer.
* Ability to effectively develop relationships with a range of stakeholders in key business and support areas where employment tax issues arise.
* Ability to take ownership and responsibility for a range of tasks with minimal supervision;
* Strong and confident communication skills, able to explain complex tax issues to non-finance individuals.
* A proactive individual who strives to deliver high quality results and who is continuously looking for new and innovative solutions, e.g. to develop/improve systems & processes;
* Ideally some experience of both employment and expat tax is desirable.