This role has been newly created within the Partnership Tax and Remuneration Team. The team is about to embark on a major project to implement an integrated database solution for the management of key data and processes. This role will support the nine tax professional in the team, allowing them to dedicate sufficient time and effort that will be required to successfully design and deliver the database project over the coming two years or so.
The purpose of the role is to work with the nine tax professionals within the team:
1 Assist with the tax aspects of the database project - this will be fluid
1 Take over tax work, analysis, advice and discussions as required, to allow other team members to focus properly on tax aspects of developing the database
1 Assist the team in the all areas of tax (see detail below in key responsibilities):
2 Ad hoc tasks as required
* International tax planning for the firm
* International tax issues for the partners
* UK tax issues surrounding the treatment of fit-out costs, capital allowance claims and other aspects of the UK partnership / corporation tax computations
* International assignees taxation and employment tax
* UK partner taxation
* Overseas tax compliance
1 Global tax returns:
2 Partner Tax Reserves
3 India Corporate Tax Returns
4 US Tax support
5 Dividend Planning
6 Allocation of Firm's profits to partners
7 Partner Secondments
8 UK tax support (International Issues)
9 Transfer Pricing
10 Ad hoc support
* Looking at ways to optimise global tax filing positions
* Assistance to overseas offices on uncertain technical positions and liaising with firm's technical advisors
* Calculate the tax reserves which should be withheld from partners on their worldwide income.
* Work with the firm's professional advisors to ensure that Indian tax returns are submitted for all relevant entities and on time, including collating and gathering data required for each return,
* Deal with Indian tax authorities enquiries
* Advise the firm on what work can be undertaken in relation to India matters
* Oversee the US tax return process for partners based outside the US.
* Oversee the preparation of the US partnership return for the UK branch of the partnership
* Oversee the filing of US withholding tax certificates (Form W-8 and W-9's) and check the box elections
* Oversee the payment of dividends from corporate entities within the firm's structure.
* Help develop strategy to deal with the new Transfer Pricing globally;
* Work with offices and other members of the team to coordinate the efforts in the various jurisdictions outside the UK to help them comply with the new rules
* Support mostly for the Head of Tax on tax structuring issues (e.g. new offices, re-jigging the corporate group and ownership, looking at the new foreign profits rules etc.)
* Assistance in the preparation of and filing of UK partnership and corporate tax returns
Skills and Qualifications
* Personal or corporate tax experience;
* Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
* Ability to get into a significant amount of the detailed work, without losing the picture of what is trying to be achieved
* Interest in the technical side of global indirect taxes required.
* Ability to keep up to date with technical updates and changes in legislation, and recognising when this might affect the firm
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.