Based in central London, this hugely successful investment management firm, have a need for a Corporate Tax Manager.
Reporting into the Deputy Head of Tax, the Corporate Tax Manager, will be managing two direct reports with a focus on managing and reviewing the compliance and reporting function.
* Assist with the timely delivery of the Group's quarterly consolidated results under US GAAP, statutory reports under IFRS & "local GAAP" and preparation of other materials released to market.
* Have shared responsibility for the corporate tax compliance of the UK sub-group.
* Assist the Global tax team to provide corporate tax related support to the UK and international business units in delivering their plans, including support on funding, structuring, M&A activity, transfer pricing and tax risk management.
* Provide assistance, including taking ownership as required, on ad hoc projects undertaken by the Group.
* Assist the Global tax team in delivering a successful integration and seamless merger of two businesses.
* Manage junior team members of the Corporate tax team based in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Group financial reporting
* Assist with the timely preparation and/or review of quarterly consolidated tax provision workings under US GAAP, statutory reporting under IFRS, and "local GAAP", explanation of the divisional tax profile, variances to forecast, key tax risks, ETR outcomes and tax disclosures.
* Work closely with the London and US team to ensure a smooth consolidation of the Group's tax reporting results.
* Manage the tax accounts for various entities, including reconciliations and explanations.
* Assist with tax aspects of forecasting and budgeting, including ETR and cash tax.
* Assist with the Group's transition to a single global Finance Platform and preparation for the Group's SOX compliance readiness.
Corporate tax - compliance, planning and ad hoc
* Manage the preparation, review and finalisation process of the UK corporate income tax returns; cash tax payments, claims & elections, group relief, interest deductibility and assist with HMRC enquiries.
* Assist with the effective management of the corporate tax profile of the Group's UK companies which would require identification, analysis, assessment and recommending possible actions arising from potential corporate tax impact associated with transactions and corporate activities undertaken by the Group and the changing landscape of the tax environment.
* Monitor the application of the Group's transfer pricing policies, maintaining transfer pricing documentation and procedures in support of those policies.
* Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related project work including UK and offshore business development, corporate transactions, corporate restructure following the merger of two businesses and numerous integration projects and initiatives.
* Identify opportunities and recommend steps to improve and maintain tax efficiency and effectiveness of the Group's operations.
* Assist as needed in overseeing the tax compliance of international entities which is out-sourced to external advisers.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
* Detailed and practical in-house group tax reporting knowledge a must
* US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX reporting knowledge desirable