This position will have overall responsibility for ensuring accuracy of all tax returns and tax reports, implementing measures to our clients tax profile and managing the relationship with the Irish Revenue and all other fiscal authorities.
Although initial preparation of some the tax returns will be outsourced to a third-party, role holder will have overall responsibility for ensuring accuracy of all tax returns and tax reports and managing the relationship with the Irish Revenue and all other fiscal authorities.
Role holder will be responsible for ensuring that any new projects in the EMEA region are accurately evaluated from a tax perspective, and will be responsible for ensuring that such projects are implemented in a manner consistent with our clients tax obligations, and those of the wider Group.
* Responsibility for Irish tax affairs, this includes compliance, reporting, tax advisory and tax audit management.
* Provide clear, accurate and comprehensive tax data to CFO, sub-committees, and where necessary, the Board or Board Committees.
* Liaise with internal and external audit, and provide input into second line risk function in relation to tax matters. Ensure tax risks are identified and documented, with appropriate controls to ensure risks remain within risk appetite.
* Assist with any group-wide projects, including projects involving the acquisition of new companies/blocks of business, changes to the Group's structure, implementation of internal reinsurance and major regulatory/reporting changes (e.g. Solvency II and IFRS 4 Phase II).
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Qualified as Chartered Tax Adviser (Irish Institute of Tax) and/or Chartered Accountant
* Life Assurance knowledge and Irish tax experience preferred but not a prerequisite
* Fluency in European languages in addition to English would be appreciated.
Training will be provided for an able candidate who meets some but not all of the criteria above
Our client would prefer the role to be situated in Dublin but would consider a London based candidate with good Irish/Life tax experience who is prepared to travel regularly