Based in London, this hugely successful technology company is instantly recognised for it's global reach and industry strength. They have a current need for a European Tax Manager. Responsible for providing expert guidance and direction on direct tax matters to companies UK and European entities.
* Undertakes UK Corporation Tax compliance and tax reporting for the firms UK companies, including dealing with statutory auditors and HMRC.
* Undertakes Controlled Foreign Company reviews and Worldwide Debt Cap calculations
* Manages Research & Development Tax credits claims
* Prepares tax forecasts for UK entities and monitors actual cash tax payments versus forecast.
* Coordinates with external advisors, the delivery of Corporate Tax compliance in European jurisdictions, understanding and communicating the underlying tax risks to management.
* Manages tax audits from European tax authorities
* Reviews tax quarterly tax reporting for European entities.
* Identifies planning opportunities throughout Europe.
* Responsible for developing and implementing tax risk framework, underpinning Senior Accounting Officer certification.
* Deals with withholding tax queries, tax residence certifications and obtaining tax authority clearance for international payments, such as loan interest.
* Undertakes permanent establishment reviews and makes recommendations therefrom.
* Assists in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding inter company transactions.
* Provides UK and international tax advisory, for example; structuring of new business and products, projects, client and supplier agreements.
* Provides UK and international tax advisory, as regards acquisitions and joint ventures.
* Advises the business on changes in international tax legislation, for example; implementation of BEPS initiatives.
* Currently an experienced tax manager or Senior Manager in a multinational / major accounting firm
* Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) with good tax accounting skills
* International tax experience, with US tax / US GAAP knowledge preferable
* Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax professionals
* Proven ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at high levels
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* High ethical and quality standards