Group Tax Manager
A Global Consumer Group, headquartered in Surrey, are looking to hire a Group Tax Manager to manage the Groups international position across all taxes.
Reporting directly into the Group Head of Tax, the primary focus of the role will include; management of the global corporate tax compliance and transfer pricing processes, evaluation and mitigation of global tax risks, provision of support to regional finance teams for tax audits, and implementation of appropriate tax planning ideas.
* Management of the global tax compliance process to ensure that all entities submit accurate returns, across all taxes, on a cost efficient and timely basis
* Support Group Head of Tax in ensuring global cash tax position is optimised to include:
* Input on overall Group tax strategy
* Implementation of appropriate tax planning ideas
* Legal entity structure efficiency improvements
* Effective cash repatriation strategies
* Tax efficient external and intragroup financing
* Management of Global transfer pricing processes to ensure entities are making the appropriate arm's length returns and that documentation is up to date and in line with Global and in-country rules. Work with regional teams to ensure that correct policies and processes are being followed
* Evaluate, monitor and mitigate Global tax risk, via instillation, monitoring and improvement of appropriate tax control processes.
* Preparation and submission of 10 UK tax computations using Alphatax software
* Liaise and consult with external and internal stakeholders (e.g. tax authorities, advisors, regional financial controllers, auditors) and build strong effective working relationships
* Provide support and tax advice to regional financial controllers for Global tax audits
* Accurate and on-time preparation of corporate tax calculations for forecasts and year-end financial statements
* Provide advice to the regions on indirect taxes, customs duties and tax equalisation matters
* Support M&A due diligence and post-transaction integration
* Recognised accounting/tax qualification (ACA, ATII or similar)
* Education to degree level
* Corporate tax background with exposures to international tax
* Experience of working in indirect and personal taxes preferred
* Alphatax experience preferred but not essential
* Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels both internally and externally
* Ability to work independently and under pressure
* Team player with ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong motivation and drive, able to set realistic deadlines and deliver to expectations, anticipating and adapting to changing priorities
* Able to communicate technical issues clearly and concisely
* Commercially focused and able to operate effectively in a changeable, entrepreneurial, global business
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth