Business Adviser (Growth)
Location: Bridgend base with travel across South Wales
Salary/Rate: £32,000-£35,000 per annum
Closing Date: 21/04/2017
Your new organisation
Our client is a dynamic social enterprise who work as a leading business services provider in South Wales. They deal with the flagship contract for supporting the growth of enterprise and have been championing the quality of business advice to start ups and growing concerns for over 27 years. By providing owners and managers with business advice and help with access to finance they give them the chance to grow and take their businesses to the next level.
They have an excellent track record of managing and delivering business support contracts on behalf of a range of clients including the UK and Welsh Governments and other organisations. They have a legacy of turning new businesses into great businesses and growing businesses in to major successes!
Your new role
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to work with clients who are both new and established businesses on a 1-2-1 basis and shape their future growth. By spending time supporting them to identify their goals and targets, you will develop an action plan for a project to maximise growth within the business. You will then use your network of contacts to access all possible support for the project.
If you gain job satisfaction from helping and developing others and take a keen interest in seeing local businesses flourish then this is a great role for you. The professional development opportunities are fantastic with upskilling on the latest business practices and the opportunity to keep your finger on the pulse of the local economy.
Key responsibilities include:
* Meet with new and established businesses on a 1-2-1 basis to conduct a Business Growth diagnostic and identify a specific objective to support their growth
* Utilise a network of contacts across sectors such as Finance, Law, Marketing, HR, Procurement etc. in order to facilitate the project
* Deliver 'Growth Path' workshops to groups of clients on specific areas of expertise
* Attend business networking events to grow contact base and introduce the service to potential beneficiaries
* Keep up to date with latest developments in business and practice by attending upskilling events and keeping abreast of local market trends
What you will need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a target driven, self-motivated individual who shows real enthusiasm for business and the Welsh economy. They will be able to demonstrate:
* Success in running/managing your own business OR significant experience at Senior Manager level
* Strong skills and proven experience in understanding and interpreting financial information in the context of running a business
* Excellent knowledge of the South Wales economic geography, including local / regional differences and the issues impacting SMEs in Wales
* A strong base of contacts in the South Wales area to utilise when assisting clients in finding preferred suppliers, legal advice, support functions etc.
* Working knowledge of Financial Management, accessing Finance in public and private sectors, Marketing, HR, Equality and Diversity requirements, ICT, Supply Chain / Procurement and Lean methodologies
* Senior Management level decision-making and communication skills
* High level commercial awareness with an aptitude for developing entrepreneurial activity
You must also have:
* Excellent IT skills
* Valid driving licence and ability to travel within the region on a daily basis
* Welsh speaker is highly desirable, but not essential
What you will get in return
* Salary range of £32,000-£35,000 (depending on skills, knowledge and experience)
* 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* 6% Non-contributory pension scheme
* Long-term sick income protection of up to 75% salary
* 4 x Death in Service benefit
* The option of a full-time or part-time permanent contract.
What you need to do now If you are interested in this role and fit the criteria above please visit http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/business-in-focus for full information.