Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte.
This is your opportunity to join our Tax practice as part of our Return to Work programme.
Our Consultants take the lead on delivering key parts of our client services. As a Consultant you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
You might own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
Associate Directors own a portfolio of clients, steer client services and deliver innovative solutions by bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle some of our most complex client challenges.
As an Associate Director you will develop relationships with your clients, actively contribute to the eminence of our practice by external knowledge sharing and invest time in business development.
You will be a role model to others and participate in an inclusive environment of team working where team members feel supported. You will also be supported in deepening your own technical specialism, widening your cross service line and industry or market knowledge, and continuing to develop your skills.
Opportunities are available in our London and Regional offices (UK mainland). Opportunities may be available to work in an agile way which could include working from home when not required in the office or on client site.
Fixed term contract for 20* weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week)
*NB for some roles this will be extended to 25 weeks due to project duration.
• Advising UK and international clients on tax and wider commercial issues managing a portfolio of high profile projects
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them
• Have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be eligible for the programme, you must have:
• Taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
• An interest in returning to work permanently
• Five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
• The right to work in the UK
• Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
To qualify for this role you must also have/be:
• ACA / CTA / ATT or equivalent qualification or experience
• Exposure to UK and international clients
• Prior Tax experience gained in a professional services firm is preferred
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• The ability to analyse information, identify issues and prioritise them.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Find out more and apply