The role primarily comprises tax advisory and control but may extend to other facets of the department's responsibilities. The role involves consideration of a wide range of tax matters; including corporate income taxes, transfer pricing, withholding taxes, other operational and transactional taxes and, potentially employment taxes. The nature of the role requires consideration of taxes levied by jurisdictions on legal entities owned by the bank within the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will be required to advise and assist on all aspects of legal entity taxes including tax compliance matters, reorganisations, and, geographical expansion and retraction. The advice will often concern the tax position of Legal Entities within and occasionally outside the EMEA jurisdiction. The role involves liaising frequently with local Finance Officers, Group Tax colleagues in other regions and, outside counsel. The candidate will be expected to form judgments about tax risks and ensure compliance with group policies.
* The role requires a candidate with relevant professional qualifications (for example a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor).
* Experience in both advisory and compliance is required (preferable international in scope)
* Confident individual prepared to question and challenge where necessary but in a tactical manner.
* Strong academic background
* European language is an advantage
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.