An exciting and rare opportunity for an in-house Group VAT Manager to join a small in-house tax team to oversee and ensure Indirect tax compliance for the worldwide Group.
You will be responsible for preparing, reviewing, submitting and managing VAT/ Intrastat/ ESL/ EU wide IPR and duty returns globally and build relationships across global locations. Identifying opportunities for savings and indirect tax recoveries, and cost-effective time to register for VAT in a new country. As well as managing all external relationships with both Customs and Excise Authorities and advisors.
This is a truly exciting opportunity as it will also offers the opportunities for significant progression within in the Group.
• Update and maintain knowledge of worldwide Indirect tax legislation, lobbying at EC level to influence changes in legislation where it affects the Group
• First point of contact for the Business Units and Product managers for product classification and export control, applying for licences, binding Tariff rulings etc. where necessary
• Ownership of tax tables within the Oracle system to ensure automated invoices are legally correct when legislative changes occur anywhere in the world, ensuring smooth transition of tax data during regular Oracle upgrades
• Operate worldwide Excise Warehouse and similar schemes where beneficial to the company (i.e. Controlled Oils, Tied Oils), take responsibility as Customs Warehouse-keeper, and Wharf-keeper for the Ellesmere Port site
• Regular analysis of import VAT, Excise and Duties to find ways to minimise costs to the business when goods enter or leave the EU
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role.