Our client is a large independent firm of accountants. They seek a tax senior who will report to a tax manager. In this role you will be responsible for delivering a consistently high quality service to a large portfolio of personal tax clients containing a mix of individuals, partnerships and trusts.You will also act as a key point of contact within the team for junior members of staff and assist and support them in completing their work and developing the skills and expertise.The role will further enhance the reputation of the firm and assist the Partners in growing and developing the practice.
Day to day this will include:
* Managing a client portfolio including the personal tax compliance work;
* Preparation of clients tax returns, correspondence and reports, to filing deadlines and client deadlines;
* Dealing with queries from both the client and HMRC in a timely manner;
* Identifying client problems and proposing appropriate solutions;
* Calculating tax liabilities and ensure that tax payments are correct and made on time;
* Providing general tax planning advise to clients, where appropriate and within your areas of knowledge and expertise;
* Participating in the firms internal review system;
* Dealing with ongoing compliance matters for your portfolio of clients;
* Responsiblity for the billing of your portfolio ensuring you meet agreed fee and WIP targets;
* Build excellent relationships with your colleagues, clients and HMRC;
* Support the Tax Manager and Partner to improve the efficiency of the department and its processes;
* Training and mentoring junior members of the team;
* Taking a pro-active approach to identifying client opportunities;
* Develop inga network of contacts that the firm works with to support clients and that can refer work to the firm;
* To continuously build your own knowledge and expertise within the personal tax department;
* Assisting the Tax Manager and Tax Partner with ad-hoc technical work as required;
* Other ad-hoc work as required by the Tax Manager or any Partner of the firm.
A classic tax senior position this role would suit someone who is ATT qualified and looking for interesting client work and a welcoming and friendly working environment. Alongside basic salary this firm provides, healthcare, pension and a flexi time policy.